Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Training ads can be fun...and addictive

This paper-in-the-wastebasket game is a clever advertisement for BBC Learning, but it's quite addictive. It took me a little while to remember my high school physics (hint--if the wind is blowing in one direction, you want to compensate in the opposite direction), but once I did I quickly beat my high score of one and made it up to seven in a row before I decided I better go finish writing my Try It column.

It seems like a simple game like this wouldn't be too hard to create with Flash or other tools (you tell me, practitioners out there) and might be a great way to advertise your newest e-learning or traditional training program internally. (You can copy the paper and wastebasket idea with your own metaphor, or--better yet--brainstorm your own game idea that relates to your training program.)

No comments: